• Skip to main content
  • Skip to secondary menu
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
Christian News Now

Christian News Now

News for the Thinking Christian

  • Home
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Church
  • Faith
  • Tech & Science
  • Family
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Chicago Drops Charges Against Churches That Held Services With Over 10 People Amid COVID Lockdowns

May 27, 2021 by Staff

(The Christian Post) A pair of Illinois churches that were cited for holding worship services last year despite lockdown orders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic have had the charges against them dropped.

The city of Chicago accused Elim Romanian Pentecostal Church and Philadelphia Romanian Church of “disorderly conduct” and “mob action” for holding services in May 2020.

However, in an order released Monday, Chicago’s Department of Administrative Hearings announced that the churches would not be penalized for holding the services.

The Liberty Counsel, a conservative law firm representing Elim Church and Logos Baptist Ministries in litigation over the restrictions, celebrated the order.

read More

Filed Under: Church

Primary Sidebar

Trending News

Douglas Wilson and James Talarico Have Brought the Christian Nationalism Debate Back Into the Spotlight

Joshua Harris Says His Exit From Christianity Was Tied to Personal ‘Upheaval’

Allie Beth Stuckey Raises Concerns About Hyper-Sexualized ‘Wuthering Heights’ Movie

Nick Vujicic Details Suicide Attempt at 10, Shares 5 Ways He Fights Depression

RSS ChurchLeaders

  • Lessons From a Contextualized Egyptian Megachurch
  • Nick Vujicic Details Suicide Attempt at 10, Shares 5 Ways He Fights Depression

RSS Faithit

  • 50 Shades or Song of Solomon? How Well Do You Know Your Bible?
  • People Were Stunned When She Chose to Marry Him. They Said it Could Never Work. 3 Years Later, Things Couldn’t Be Better.

RSS ForEveryMom

Footer

About Us
Privacy Statement
Terms and Conditions
Cookie Settings
Contact Us
Newsletter

Search

Copyright © 2026 · Christian News Now